The DistRogue

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Indecisive? Try my new LDC.

As a Valentines' Day gift to all of you, I finally got around to doing something I've been meaning to do for a looong time: coding my own Linux Distribution Chooser. Based on an idea I got from Zegenie Studios, and a long time in the making, it takes about a minute to do, and works on cookies- you don't have to go through the whole thing again to correct a mistake. It scores distros on an 8-point scale, and has an adjustable threshold that defaults to 6 out of 8. Currently, I have 24 distributions listed.

3 Comments:

Blogger tjokkis_ii said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:04 AM  
Blogger tjokkis_ii said...

Your LDC implies that openSUSE is not coming with KDE. That is to my experience not correct. KDE and Gnome are both offered and I would say they are equal choice's in openSUSE.

3:06 AM  
Blogger DJ Gentoo said...

Seeing as openSUSE defaults to GNOME, I chose that as the entry. However, I will change that to both. My experience with openSUSE has been brief and poor- but that is another post altogether.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home