The DistRogue

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I see a lizard in my future

The review for openSUSE is still coming, but with a startling new development. A classic issue with my laptop has been getting my Atheros-based Belkin F5D7010 wireless card to work. I've found that after kernel 2.6.17, Linux's built-in madwifi driver fails to work, so I use 2.6.15 all the time. There was a solution on the openSUSE wiki, and it was something I hadn't tried before.
When I installed the driver and rebooted, lights came on under the card that I didn't even know existed. Scary. Even cooler, internet connectivity worked with a 2.6.17 kernel! This is awesome, as it will allow me to review a ton more distributions than I have been. Who knows, I might even install openSUSE on my laptop. I've heard it's a good mobile distro.
From Ubuntu 6.10, with kernel 2.6.17,
The DistRogue.
(PS: Ubuntu Feisty might not have an RC out yet, but they're still planning to ship it on schedule. Can you believe these guys?)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home