The DistRogue

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

This is HUGE.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0.
There, I've said it. Now, I can explain it.
Apparently, someone found out the code to play HD-DVD-encoded (a euphemism for "DRMed") content on Linux. I just posted it. I found this out from Digg, but the story is down for reasons I'll get into, so here's the main source.
I was checking the Digg Linux pages when I found the story. I refreshed the page every so often, and found that it was getting about 80 diggs per minute! :O It seemed like a hoax, a plug, or both, until the thread mysteriously disappeared off the face of Digg. Now, the movie industry is threatening another blog, Spooky Action at a Distance, for revealing the number. This could be big.
From Xubuntu 7.04,
The DistRogue.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home